Monday, September 17, 2012

5 Perspectives on the New Calvinism for New Calvinists

I'll never forget the first time I read Collin Hansen's book Young, Restless, Reformed: A Journalist's Journey with the New Calvinists. I enjoyed it so much. It was a breath of fresh air for me at the time because I had finally understood and embraced Reformed Theology and I discovered that I wasn't alone in my experience but had apparently been a part of a bigger phenomenon that has been happening in Evangelicalism for some time. A movement most of us know as the Young, Restless, Reformed (YRR) or the New Calvinism movement.
This has been a wonderful thing (and a horrible thing to some of you), and it's not without it's own issues. Issues I've seen firsthand, and some of them have already been brought up and stirred up a good deal of controversy with people getting bent out of shape over some of it. To be fair, some of the criticism seemed negative and cynical but some of it was valid and should be seriously considered. And the last time I checked, the Bible has much to commend to hearing and heeding from those who've gone ahead of us and have a lot of wisdom to offer. So I've collected 5 videos here that have been out for a while but are pure gold in what they're worth for what some of these men have to say. So take up and watch, and take notes.









While most of you probably recognize the other big names and might put more stock in what they have to say, I personally find Brian Dempsey's thoughts on this movement especially important and worth taking seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment